- Main contributor
- KUHT-TV (Television station)
In the first segment, Patricia Gras discusses human rights awards being presented by the Carter Center and the Menil Foundation this weekend in Houston, and the state of human rights around the world, with Jamal Benomar, Director of Human Rights Programs for the Carter Center. Second segment looks back at the attack on Pearl Harbor fifty years later. J. D. Houston interviews President of Pearl Harbor Survivors, Melford Gessner, a Marine Corporal at the time, Milan Kelly, who served aboard the U. S. S. Henley, Houstonian, Katherine Perricone, and Marguerite Johnston, author of "Houston: The Unknown City." Third segment addresses the new medical Miranda warning. Gras and Houston interview Dr. Jack N. Alpert, Chief of Neurology at Saint Luke's Hospital and Chairman of the Hospital's Ethics Committee, Dr. Eugene Boisaubin, Associate Professor of Medical Ethics at Baylor College of Medicine, and Carmen Stallings, attorney for the University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center. Fourth segment focuses on holiday spending and debt. Houston and Gras interview Louise Rochford, Director of Marketing and Education for the Consumer Credit Counseling Service. Episode includes commentary by Robert L. Knauss, University of Houston Law Center Dean, about a university prize for legal improvements.
- Davis, Sue; Torres Burd, Patricia
- television programs
- Benomar, Jamal; Gessner, Melford; Kelly, Milan; Perricone, Katherine; Johnston, Marguerite; Alpert, Jack N.; Boisaubin, Eugene; Stallings, Carmen; Rochford, Louise; Knauss, Robert L.; Human rights; Pearl Harbor (Hawaii), Attack on; Christmas shopping; Public television
- KUHT Film and Video
- University of Houston Libraries Special Collections
- ["In Copyright"]
- Physical Description
This item is from an archival collection and may contain content which is no longer politically or socially appropriate.
Digitization and access for this item is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services and Texas State Library and Archives Commission (2017).
- Other Identifiers
- Other: ID 1997-006a, AV Shelving; ArchivesSpace URI: https://findingaids.lib.uh.edu/repositories/2/archival_objects/11931; Preservation Location: ark:/84475/pm1023vt40w; Digital Object: https://id.lib.uh.edu/ark:/84475/do65870x44m